2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Record MP3 Slower

Hi, I assume this is the correct forum to post this.

A friend's father recently passed away and the father requested a particular tune played @ his funeral service. The tune is "Little Street" - 1930's? but the only copy I have been able to obtain is too fast.

Can someone tell me how to re-record it slightly slower (5%?) - is possible to do this?
    Others have offered to help with this task but haven't gotten around to it - and unfortunately now we need something in 3 days.

Any help or advise will be very much appreciated.

Neville

Thanks

Re: Record MP3 Slower

There will likely be plenty of other suggestions, but Cool Edit saved my bacon when I was in a similar rush.

From Cool Edit Help:
    <hr>The Stretch function changes the pitch (frequency) and/or tempo (duration) of the audio signal. It can also change either pitch or tempo without affecting the other. For example, you can use Stretch to transpose a song to a higher key, or to slow a passage down without changing the pitch. Pitch and tempo can also be varied over the length of the audio, giving the effect of slowing down and speeding up, or raising and lowering pitch.<hr>

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Record MP3 Slower

Thanks for the Help Leif, we managed to get it to the tempo apropriate for the occasion.

Neville