Lounger
    Thanks

Public Folder Reminders (Outlook 2000)

Hi,

Our business revolves round a business calendar that sits in a public folder.

Our MD wants certain people/groups to be remindeded/alerted when tasks/meetings need to be actioned/attended.

I know it can be done on personal calendars - any clues on public ones?

Thanks in advance.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Public Folder Reminders (Outlook 2000)

Out of the box only your default folders are aware of alarms. You might check out slipstick.com for utilities that can help. We don't use any, so I can't recommend anything.

I know that the team folder calendar interface lets you schedule from the public folder, yet send requests to the individuals' calendars. You should know, though, that this interface goes away in OLXP.

If all you care about is getting a record of the meetings in the PF, then you might consider a smiple process change. Just have the meeting organizer(s) include the public folder in the invitee list.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Public Folder Reminders (Outlook 2000)

OldDog is correct; native Outlook functionality provides working Reminders only in the default folders. One possibility you might look at is Ken Slovak's Extended Reminders. Not sure if it handles Public Folders. Not sure if Mr. Slovak will consider any special corporate licensing for the product.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS