Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: censorship? (Outlook 2002)

Microsoft built protection against e-mail viruses into Outlook, starting with SP3 of Outlook 2000. For some types of attachment, you can choose whether to download them or not (level2), but others are completely blocked (type 1).
    If this is too strict for you, you can download and install Ken Slovak's Attachment Options. This add-in for Outlook lets you decide which extensions are completely blocked.

Thanks

Daniel, may I first suggest that you truncate your illustration just below the yellow message? We can't prevent strangers from copying e-mail addresses from the Lounge.

In addition to other solutions, if someone is sending you an .exe they can ZIP it or change the file extension to something innocuous like .abc which will pass through the filter.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

censorship? (Outlook 2002)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by Leif on 14-Jun-03 12:12. to reduce attachment size and mask email addresses.)</P>I have been using Outlook 2002 for about two months without problems. My OS is W200PE, SP3.
    I regularly check my e-mails from work without downloading them, as my ISP has a "Get-Mail" feature which enables seeing what is still in the server. When I get home, I download everything.
    Two days ago my brother with sent me an e-mail with an attachment having an exe extension. At work I was able to save the attachment, and run it.
    When trying to download it at home, O2002 gave only the text, and a message "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments: xxxx.exe"
    What makes this all more irritating, is that a week ago I upgraded to Norton Anti Virus 2003!!!
    Searched >>Tools>>Options>>Security, but saw nothing about Incoming Attachments.
    Lowering the Security settings in Internet Explorer >>>No Luck.
    Could you please help?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel Rozenberg.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank a lot for your valuable help. I will download the Attachment Options Prograrm, and run it.
    Regarding the attachment in my posting, I apologize for not truncating it.
    It's the first time I attach something to a posting, and this has been my learning.
    Thanks again

Daniel Rozenberg