Thread: best PocketPC

Lounger
    Thanks

best PocketPC

A friend of mine is looking to get a PDA and would primarily use it for synching with Outlook (2K) and getting e-mail while on the road. He is considering a HP Jorndada, but is looking into others as well. Any recommendations, bad experiences, good experiences, etc. that might help would be appreciated.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: best PocketPC

I've just bought a Jornada 525. It's just come out in the UK as a budget version of the 540. It has a lower resolution screen. I thought this would be OK but now realise that viewing photos is pretty useless. But as an organiser its fine. Also it's connection is a serial one - it doesn't support USB. That seems ok too. Some backups take time but synchronising is fine. The only thing I'd really like is a cradle (it just has a power and separate synching cable).

The only other thing I find a real pain is that because there's no cover, just a wallet holder, there is nowhere to store your pen. I used to have a Psion Revo and a Palm Pilot Pro before then. Both had a slot for their pens, which made more sense. The brand new Jornada with the 2002 OS has a pen slot. This MUST be the way forward.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: best PocketPC

Thanks for the reply. I think my friend has already ordered a Palm since it has some features he likes that Pocket PCs don't have.