3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tools > References (Access 2000)

I have an Access db which some of my colleagues use, however I've noticed that on some machines the code falls over because the appropriate references in 'Tools > References' aren't selected.

How can I set them using VB so that when the database is opened, all the correct references are selected?

At the moment I'm just emailing them the front end. Can these references be set when the db is first opened?

Thanks for your help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tools > References (Access 2000)

You asked a similar question in the Word forum, and I posted a reply there, but for Access, the situation is different, in my experience.

In theory, you should be able to use the References collection and the Reference object to check and set references. But in Access, even the simplest code tends to cause error messages if there is a missing reference, so it becomes impossible to set a reference in code. I tried this a while ago for machines with different versions of Outlook installed, but failed.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tools > References (Access 2000)

You might take at look at the downloadable References Wizard from The Access Web. If I remember correctly, this is an Access 97 file, but the principles should be the same in later versions, and it is unlocked so you can see how the references are manipulated in code.
    Charlotte