New Lounger
    Thanks

Fields in Word (2000)

I would like suggestions on the best way to tackle the following:

Need to set up a document using form fields (no worries with this bit). One or two fields require a choice from a set number of options (usually 2 or 3 choices). I have tried using a drop-down form field but the drop-down arrow still displays after choosing the option (inappropriate in the middle of a letter). Is there a way to use Autotexts inconjunction with form fields? This would be the easiest way but I can't get it to work.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Re: Fields in Word (2000)

There is an AUTOTEXTLIST field that should be helpful, but I've never used it and I can't find the old issue of Woody's Office Watch that talked about it. Try this article:

How to add pop-up lists to any Word document, so you can click your way through changes in seconds

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Fields in Word (2000)

If you do want to use Form Fields, you should note that the arrow will disappear when you tab out of the Drop Down form field. Of course, if this is the only form field in the document, it's more difficult. What you can do is place another text form field immediately after the drop down field, select it & format it as size 1 font. It won't be visible in the document but will allow you to take the focus off the drop down field.
    Cheers,