2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Print header on handouts? (PPT 2000)

I often print handouts, 9 to a page. I'd like to have a header of date and filename but find no provision for such. Any workarounds available?

Also, I set up a macro to set the values and print the 9 to a page. Works most of the time but an occasional file still prints at 6 to a page. The macro has a line explicitly declaring 9 to a page and the same file which prints 6 to a page, when printed manually, comes out 9 to a page. Any ideas here?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print header on handouts? (PPT 2000)

If you select View | Master | Handout Master, and select View | Header and Footer, you can specify the contents to be shown in header and/or footer. Click Apply to All when done. Click the "Show positioning of 9-per-page handouts" button on the Handout Master Toolbar, you can then modify formatting, size and position of the elements of the header and footer. Finally, select View | Normal (or click "Close Master View") to return to slide view.

I can't help you with the macro, I don't have experience with PowerPoint VBA.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print header on handouts? (PPT 2000)

Thanks. I had no idea that there was a Handouts Master. Fixes the headers problem nicely. I don't see a Handout Master Toolbar but will worry about that later.

And I'll put the macro question in its own thread so that I can attract the macro mavens.

Thanks again.