Star Lounger
    Thanks

mail merge email & attachment (XP)

I want to merge an Access query and a Word document and send as email. I have that figured out but does anyone know if you can send an attachment with that when using the email mail merge feature?
    Thanks!

Thanks

Re: mail merge email & attachment (XP)

I don't think so (the question has been asked before), but I wonder: what happens if you embed the document you want to attach into your main merge document. Does it make it all the way into the e-mail?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: mail merge email & attachment (XP)

I wanted to attach a .pdf file and I finally did get it to work but it's not the best and I've decided not to do it this way. When going through the mail merge I chose Document Type - Email, then the Data Source - my Access table. I dragged the .pdf file into my word document. Then I chose Merge to Email and when that box comes up there is a choice for Mail Format. I chose Attachment and then sent the email. I got a message saying the program was trying to automatically send an email and did I want to do that and I had to say yes. It seems like it does that for each record in your list. Then what happens when the person gets the email is the Word document is the attachment so you have to open that first, then you have to open the .pdf file. That seemed a little confusing to people so I've decided to just go with Outlook and import my names and email addresses into outlook to send this email.