3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows ME/OWA problem...

I didn't know which board to post this under as it involves Windows ME, IE 6.0, Exchange Server 2K and the Internet. Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

We just upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to 2K and are having some difficulties with OWA. Specifically, I have a user whose home PC is running Windows ME and she can't get into OWA. She's using IE 6.0. Below is what she has told me she's tried:

"At home I get a pop-up window that asks three things:

username (I input my pre-Windows 2K username)
    password (I input my password)
    domain name (I input our Internet domain name, the part after the @ symbol in my email address)

When I input all three areas needing info the box goes away, but the OWA e-mail does not come up. I have only gotten this pop-up window twice. All other times I've attempted to log onto the OWA web site I get an error message saying that the page does not exist."

Any help with this would be great. Some ideas, some insights, anything. Thanks.

Thanks

Re: Windows ME/OWA problem...

Let me make some assumptions: the login dialog is a standard Windows NT/2000 type dialog because OWA is using Windows authentication; in that case, the third box is domain, not domain name, and that might be different in your organization.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

you are correct. just think of how OWA usually works and you've got it. it works fine for many others. this user is having problems, however, and this didn't start until after the switch from 5.5 to 2000. here's some new information from the user:

"Thanks for working with me to get this problem
    resolved. I'm at home now and still have no access to
    work e-mail via the internet. I did all the things
    you and I discussed this a.m. and nothing worked. I
    don't even have access to the page -I get a "this page
    has expired" message. Any idea what's up?"

again, she's using windows ME at home, IE 6 and didn't have this problem with the 5.5 server. she has deleted all temp internet files, all cookies and set the browser to update "every visit to the page" as you can set it in the options area of the Tools menu (Tools>>Options>>Settings). any ideas???

Thanks

Actually, I've never used OWA, so I can only offer non-Exchange ideas. It's pretty unusual for a page to expire while being actively accessed. Is it possible the session key (ASP uses an in-memory, not on-disk cookie) somehow is getting destroyed? And check the system time on the problem computer.