Star Lounger
    Thanks

Project Locked???

My computer at work is locking out my VBA projects. I get the message "Project Locked" "Project is unviewable". This will happen after I run a macro on a newly opened document. The macro will run ok but then I can't get into the VBA Editor. I also tried to open a template to insert some code and it is locked and will not even let me in!!

Ran Norton Virus Scan, no problem. Went to MS Knowledge Base and found nothing.

Anybody else seen this??

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Project Locked???

Thom,

Here are a few possibilities that spring to mind:

- If a global template is loaded, then you cannot view its code project from the VB Editor, unless you first actually open this template as a document.

- If you password protect a VB project in Word 2000, and then try to view it in Word 97, it will say it's locked or unviewable.

- Possibly a virus could do this, but I seem to recall a thread to the effect that you can't access password protection for VB projects, programmatically (which is a good thing, mostly).

Hope this helps,
    Gary

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

> can't access password protection for VB projects

I believe so. In Word6/WordBasic I had locked functions that could and did create locked functions (at run-time ) in the same template. VBA removed that feature. You can TEST to see if a project is locked, but you can't change that status from VBA code. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=vb&Number=27219&page=0&view =collapsed&sb=5>sample function</A>

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well I think I figured out the problem and am posting my finds for anybody else that might get the same problem.

I started looking at macro names in all effected templates and found one called "NoName" in those templates that I was being locked out of. Other templates that did not contain that macro ran ok. I had to copy and change 12 templates in a "NoName" free template and saved all the templates without that macro. Everything look good now.

PITA!!