New Lounger
    Thanks

problem opening word files on mac

i am trying to open pc microsoft word files on my Mac 9.2 , I have installed mac word 2001on my mac computer. would like to know if there is a way for opening the files without the format and style being changed as I get pc fword files from clients but when i open in my mac word, the format changes.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: problem opening word files on mac

Hi Jeffy,

Welcome to the lounge. Glad to see another Mac user here! (I'm actually bilingual, use a PC in the office, a Mac at home).

Can you discribe a little more what is actually happening? You say that the format and style is changing - from what to what? If you edit the files, save them and send them back to your clients - do they see the same format/style changes?

In principle your Mac should open the files as they were written on the PC.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: problem opening word files on mac

Had a few minutes so I checked the MS Office 2001 site. Have a look at this link which might be helpful. Do you know what version of Word for PC your clients are using. If its a very old one you may need a converter which you can find here.

One thing that may work is to ask your clients to 'Zip' their PC files. Your builtin Stuffit Expander will be able to unzip the files and these may work better.

Let us know how you get on.