4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Drag and Drop (XP Pro)

Is the ability to drag a non-executible onto the shortcut to an executible - so that the executible runs and opens the non-executible - 1) a function of Windows (so that I should be able to get any shortcut to do this), or 2) a function of the executible (so that if it doesn't do it the first time I should just forget about it).

Thanks

Re: Drag and Drop (XP Pro)

It may be dependent on the associations set up in Explorer.
    Can you give more details?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I actually have a Java application (an editor called Arachophilia) that is packaged in a JAR file. A shortcut to the JAR will open, but with no documents. I do have my associations set up so that I can double-click on a file, and it will unpack the JAR, run the executible, and open the file I want to edit. It would be a lot more convenient to be able to drag and drop.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

I do not understand what do you want to do. JAR is an archive and can contain dozens of individual files - do you want to open all of them at once?

Or you have problem with installing Arachnophilia File Editor, that is distributed in JAR file? (In this case download Windows Executable Installation Program).

Or you want to open JAR archives and extract individual files, edit them and replace the old files in the archive? (You can do it, for example, with WinACE Archiving Program).

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This problem has been solved through another forum. The answer is to include the appropriate command line arguments in the shortcut to both unpack the jar, and run the enclosed executible with the submitted program:

"C:My Program FilesJavaj2re1.4.1_02binjavaw.exe" -jar "C:My Program FilesArachnophiliaArachnophilia.jar" "%1" %*