3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Reviewing Options (Word XP)

Am I missing something, or does Word absolutely insist on using the "Show Final With Markup" mode when a document is opened? I can't find any setting or any reference to this option in Word, other than an brief mention of what it does.
    The problem is that I need to be able to have a file (actually several hundred files) open and print without my having to intervene and turn that confounded option off. All of these file were generated from another system and every last one has comments that I don't want to print.
    My short-term solution was to create an AutoOpen macro in my Normal template that would change the view to "Show Final", but it seems odd that I'd have to resort to code for what seems like a reasonable request.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">That's what you do in a herd; you look out for each other!</font face=comic> - Mike

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Reviewing Options (Word XP)

I know what you mean, but I don't know how to solve this problem either. My problem is that even though I set the document on "Final" it prints (90% of the time) with a fine vertical line where the comment is. It is too weird. I hope you'll get an answer to this.
    Johanna