New Lounger
    Thanks

excel Inport/export (97)

I am doing some free work for a Charity who has older equipment and software. I removed office 2000 and reinstalled office 97 on an 2nd computer I have. I now can not import or export excel. I have loaded all converters available for office. The Excel converters are grayed out on custom install. I am assuming that the install is seeing something and not loading them. I downloaded the converter pack from MS and tried installing. Can someone give me the names of the files I need to manually remove to re-install again. I did remove all the reg entries for office before I installed but there may be something I missed.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: excel Inport/export (97)

I suspect you are correct, and the uninstall of office 2000 did leave some garbage lying around that's causing you trouble. My suggestion would be to use the Office 2000 File and Registry Eraser utility - see <!mskb=239938>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 239938<!/mskb> - but you might also need the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility - see <!mskb=238413>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 238413<!/mskb>. You may also need to do the same with office 97 before you reinstall it.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: excel Inport/export (97)

Thanks for the reply. I have downloaded the file cleaners and will try them when I can spare the time. I have a notebook networked with office 97 that I can use to do the imports right now.