Silver Lounger
    Thanks

cboID.Dropdown Won

cboID.Dropdown Won

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: cboID.Dropdown Won

It would almost seem like the focus is being moved away from that control, but you say the same form works under A2000?

When if fails under A2002, is the database itself in A2000 or A2002 format? I've recently experienced a wierd situation using A2002 against an A2000 database (and like yours, using code that I've used many times before, and for which works for that same form in A97) in which it wouldn't properly evaluate a query that referred to a control on a form.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Mark

I can see cboID open and close real fast and cboID still has the focus when the combo closes

The database is A2000 format

I have this same code in other forms and it works OK with A2002(10.4302.4129) SP-2

Any other clues?

John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

John,

Since it works OK in other forms (and in a test on my Access 2002 SP-2 too), it seems to be specific for this combo box. Is there any event code for cboD, in particular an cbo_ID_Enter or cboID_GotFocus event?

Sometimes it helps to delete a problem control and to create it anew.

BTW, the code you posted should be in the BeforeUpdate event of strLookupCriteria instead of in AfterUpdate; in that case, you can set Cancel = True if the user left the text box empty and you don't need to set the focus back to it.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans

I don

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

About your questions:

1 - Not living in the US, I wouldn't know.
    2 - Office 2002 is at SP-2; I don't think there are major reasons for sticking with an earlier version.
    3 - Yes, if you install them in different folders, Access/Office 97 first, then 2000, then 2002.
    4 - Detect and Repair affects the installation of Access; you probably mean Compact and Repair. I think WendellB and/or Charlotte mentioned that there can be problems when using a database developed in Access 2002 in Access 2000 (even if it is in Access 2000 format). Perhaps they can react.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Wendell and I have both encountered some problems with A2000 format databases created in A2002. One of the problems is that there are new objects and properties in A2002 that don't exist in A2k and they can bite you if you use any wizard created code ... or even if you just forget they're there. Also, Microsoft has once again changed the location of some of their referenced files in OXP, so you may wind up with a reference that won't be there in A2k or won't be where the file expects it to be. The default ADO library is different between the two versions and code developed on a machine with A2002 may sometimes toast itself when running under an earlier version of VBE6.dll, which in any event seems to be a bit twitchy in Access 2002. At least it is the cited module in virtually every major crash I have during development.
    Charlotte