Lounger
    Thanks

Frozen Word (Word 2000)

I am having difficulty with a standalone computer (No Internet either). I have loaded Microsoft Works w/Word 2000. It has worked OK for quite a while, but lately when ever the program is started it seizes (freezes) the computer. The only option is to shut down. I have run Norton Antivirus (with latest updates) and have found nothing. This happened once before and I had to reformat the drive and it worked again, but It has returned. I am not aware of any other programs being loaded into the system that would cause problems, but if anyone has heard of this before please let me know what I may do to get Word working again. This computer is used in a Daycare to manage their records and they need to have Word working. Everything else works just fine.

Thanks

OS - WIndows 98 (First Edition)
    196 MB RAM (73% Free)
    Older Celeron (300 Mhz)
    20GB HDD

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Frozen Word (Word 2000)

Try the various steps outlined in Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post>. (Since the problem PC doesn't have Internet, print out that post)

Lounger
    Thanks

Thank You Hans...I will give this a try. I appreciate your help on this and will reply with results!

Lounger
    Thanks

Steps were taken and it turned out to be a corrupted normal.dot file. Thank you so much for the link. I will keep this information near that computer incase it returns.

Thanks again.