3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Print emails without header (XP)

I am printing a quantitiy of email messages for someone else - messages saved to disk. When printing on my system, they all have my name as a header. How can I avoid this?

Thanks

Re: Print emails without header (XP)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The thread refers to Outlook 2000 and there seems to be a difference. When I access the header area, it appears empty. The Footer includes a page number code, but the header area has nothing. I tried changing the header font to something unreadable and no change took place. (Here's where I was working: Inbox, File, PageSetup, Define Print Styles, *copied memo style and tried editing it*, Edit, Header/Footer tab.)

Thanks for the direction - and any additional thoughts are appreciated.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Are you on a LAN using Exchange Server? My corporate server settings force all printed e-mail to have the Username as header. As a workaround, save the messages as Plaintext, RTF, or HTML and print them from Word.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No - Stand-alone computer - no network at all, Windows, XP Home

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Strange. Let's back up and try again. This time Edit the Memo Style, not a copy, and be sure to OK out and Close. Then close and restart Outlook and print an e-mail and see if the problem is fixed. Right now I'm at work on OL 2000, but I'll try XP Print settings at home this weekend.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

There seemed to be no difference between editing a copy and editing the original memo style - still no UserName in the header box, so I could not remove it. Sitting white wingdings as a font didn't change anything either, although it seems to be holding the settings!! I even tried placing the cursor in the first Header box, selecting all (all of nothing, it seems) and deleting. It still prints my name, in good bold Arial, at the top of the email.

Thanks

Check out Method 3 in this article: Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 197454 - OL2000: (CW) Cannot Omit or Change Name When Printing Memo Style. If you've never used the profiles feature of Outlook, it may be a bit confusing at first, but the instructions look reasonably thorough.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm beginning to feel like a whining 2 year old who wants something unreasonable! The KB article is for OL2000, and only works if OL is installed with the Corporate Workgroups option. I am using 2002, set up for emails (Pop3).

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

As far as I can see, the MSKB Solution proposed by jscher2000 should also work on your setup. Have you actually tried to work through the steps for Method 3? (A number of the names of the procedures have changed slightly with Office XP, but the principles (speaking from memory) are the same. HTH
    Gre

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

YES! Thank you! Now I can put someone else's name at the top of the emails. The instructions on the KB article said it would ONLY work with Workgroups, and it suggested some steps for which I did not have the menu options. The profile is set in Windows, so I did not seem to need the Outlook commands. Thank you all so much for your perseverance and patience.