Lounger
    Thanks

outlook Calendar (outlook 2000/xp)

We have different versions of Office on the computers in my office. We often send calendar events back and forth. Those of us on Outlook 2000, cannot read the calendar items sent from those on office XP. I have looked through the options on XP and nothing stands out. Is there an easy fix for this? We are not on exchange.

Thanks

Re: outlook Calendar (outlook 2000/xp)

How are you sending them?
    A quick test here - dragging them from the calendar into an email, then dragging them back into calendar at the recipient end - seems to work fine.

Lounger
    Thanks

Actually I am using the invite attendees tab when you set up the calender item. When the windows xp invites me I just get code. I will try the other way you suggested and see what happens

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am sole user of OutlookXP in a building with over 400 Outlook2000. I frequently use the invite attendees, and I am frequently invited. I have never had any problems. We are on Exchange Server 5.5, but I doubt that the Exchange Server version should make a difference. I know this is not helpful in solving the problem, but at least it gives you an indication that this is a problem in your environment and not a "feature".

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

So, it kind of sounds like you are sending these over the internet. If that's the case your XP users have to change the format of their requests from iCal to vCal. (Tools | Options | Calendar Options, then uncheck the box toward the bottom of the form).

This only applies to XP requests going out via Internet to OL2k users. If that's not your office, please let us know.

Lounger
    Thanks

I am not sending these over the internet. But I will try that anyway. Dragging the calander item into an email from the XP user to the 2000 user worked but is more of a hassle then just hitting invite attendees.
    As to the other post I think using exchange does make a big difference.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm curious what your server is, then. But it doesn't really matter. These requests are getting processed via an Internet connector (probably SMTP). I guess the long term solution is to check with your mail administrator to see what they can do.

Lounger
    Thanks

Actually I am the mail administrator. But your last suggestion worked! thanks so much.