3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

iRider Browser (iRider 2.06)

I read an article by John Dvorak of PCMag a couple of days ago where he priased the iRider Browser. I decided to take a look. I must say that I am very impressed with its very fresh approach to browsing while still staying consistent with menu choices and toolbars we are used to. One thing (of many) that it does is automatically pickup the Explorer favorites list. Navigation is very unique. You may want to give it a try. It does cost $29.95 after a 21 day trial, but may be well worth it if you do a lot of research on the web, as I do.

The site to check this out is: http://www.irider.com.

Good Luck!

--Bob
    -Bob Harris
    "Seek Simplicity, Then Mistrust It!"

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: iRider Browser (iRider 2.06)

Very nifty. Sadly, since it's not free like so many other browsers out there, I don't think it will garner much of a following...good ideas like this die because folks are accustomed to the free nature of existing software products on the net.
    -Mark

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: iRider Browser (iRider 2.06)

Yes, I think you're right, unfortunately. Unless it can be bundled with something else to soften the impact of the cost most people likely will not pay for it. Especially for something like a browser. I find that the surf ahead feature is really neat and those thumbnails on the left are extremely helpful when one needs to backtrack.

I paid the $29, after trying it, because it greatly facilitates certain of the tasks I do. Regarding free, sometimes (but not always) free software isn't worth much more than one pays for it.

--Bob
    -Bob Harris
    "Seek Simplicity, Then Mistrust It!"