New Lounger
    Thanks

Importing into Contacts (Outlook XP)

I was trying to clean up a contact list (about 900 names) in Outlook so exported it in CSV format - which became an Excel file.

After making the changes on the spreadsheet, then went to import it back into Outlook Contacts - and only the firsts 620 names were imported. Figured that meant it could only import so many records at once. So thinking to outsmart it - deleted first 620 rows on the Excel spreadsheet, an then thought it would mport the rest , but in fact, the result - nothing - did not import the remaining 300 records.

Help!! Any suggestions what I might do to get the remaining 300 back into my Contacts?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Importing into Contacts (Outlook XP)

I would start out by examining rows 620 and 621 to see if there is something in the data that trips up the process. A special character, an extra comma or quote, etc. I've imported more than 1000 contacts in one pass, so I don't think it's that.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Importing into Contacts (Outlook XP)

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked over the data - appears to be no unusual characters such as you suggested, visible. I'll try erasing all the apparently empty cells to make sure there's no spaces or whatever hanging about.