New Lounger
    Thanks

Can't insert LISTNUM Field (Word 2002)

Anyone ever heard of this problem? Can't insert a LISTNUM Field through either (CTRL+ALT+L -- figured this one out, has to do with new Dell computers..) or thru Insert/Field/Listnum -- this is the kicker. Happens sporadically, and sometimes in the same document at one place you can insert and another you can't - nothing happens. TIA

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't insert LISTNUM Field (Word 2002)

Shortcut keys may or may not work, depending upon what document you're in or what the attached template is. Sometimes a shortcut key is either intentionally or unintentionally assigned to another command, or even deleted.

As far as Insert/Field/ListNum not working, I could find nothing listed in the Knowledge Base. I suppose there could be some corruption in a document. Can you attach one of the offending files to a post, deleting any sensitive material? You could point out where you can't insert the field.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't insert LISTNUM Field (Word 2002)

Thanks Phil. One of my oh so wise co-workers figured it out! Turns out that where they were trying to apply the LISTNUM field was where a level 6 would be applied. Well, their level 6 numbering is set to none! So the code was actually being created, but with nothing. Thanks!