New Lounger
    Thanks

Need a report using counts from 2 or more Queries (2000)

Is there a way to use counts from more than a single Query in calculations for a Report? ie. I have a Query which has all my records, and another Query which shows records with missing data in certain fields. I can get counts from each but need to use them both to figure percentages. Have also thought that there might be a way to store this info in another table, then do my Report based on the numbers in that table? Just unsure how to go about it. SOLUTION or IDEAS?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Need a report using counts from 2 or more Queries (2000)

One way is to use statistical domain functions such as DCount and DSum. The general form is DSum("fieldname", "tablename", "where-condition") in which the where-condition argument can be omitted.
    So you could put a text box txtCountAll in the report with control source
    =DCount("*", "qryAllRecords")
    and a text box txtCountSome with control source
    =DCount("*", "qrySomeRecords")
    A third text box txtPercentage formatted as a percentage calculates the fraction:
    =[txtCountSome]/[txtCountAll]

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Hans. Tried it... didn't work... came up with ERROR... I used the format =DSum([Fieldname],<tablename>) in a Text box (tried DCount, too).
    Is there another way or maybe like in the second part of my original message, a way to store the "Counts" from various reports in another table which can then be used to make a final report?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The format =DSum([fieldname],) is invalid:
    1. The arguments of DSum, DCount etc. are strings like "LastName".
    2. You must supply the name of a table or query as second argument.

Valid examples are
    =DSum("Amount", "tblData")
    =DCount("LastName", "qryMembers")
    assuming that Amount is a numeric field in the table tblData, and that LastName is a field (any type) in the query qryMembers.

An alternative would be to design a Totals query that returns the counts for all records, and another Totals query that returns the counts for the filtered records. Then create a third query that combines the first two.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hans, sorry I had a problem setting it up the first time. Works now. However, I have a related... deeper problem. When I work a % Incomplete formula using what you have shown me... it works fine in the Report Footer, but I cannot get it to work for each Worker in the Worker Footer section. I am attaching a demo/test that shows this. If you click on "Incomplete Sites Report" you will see the errors in the report... but the % incomplete total at the bottom is fine. Can you help with this?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The complete form of DCount etc. is DSum("fieldname", "tablename", "where-condition") in which "where-condition" is in SQL syntax - it is the WHERE clause of a query (without the word WHERE). Examples of valid where-conditions:<pre>"CustomerID = 37" (compare to constant numeric value)
    "CustomerID = " & [CustomerID] (compare to numeric value from form or report)
    "LastName = 'Jones'" (compare to constant text value)
    "LastName = '" & [LastName] & "'" (compare to text value from form/report)
    "LastName Like 'J*'" (comparison with wildcard)
    "OrderDate Between #1/1/2003# And #7/1/2003" (comparison with dates)</pre>

In your case, you didn't use a valid where-condition in the percentage text box. The control source should be:<pre>=Count([Reference])/DCount("Reference","Workers","Worker='" & [Worker] & "'")</pre>

This compares the Worker field to the Worker text box.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Worked GREAT, Hans !!! Thanks !!