Lounger
    Thanks

Changing Font Size in Combo Box (Excell 2000 SR-1)

I am using the FORMS toolbar to add a Combo Box. I would like to increase the font size of the text that appears in the combo box. Can I do this using the FORMS toolbar?
    If I use the Control Toolbox to add a combo box it looks like I can manipulate the font using the Properties command, but then I can

Thanks

Re: Changing Font Size in Combo Box (Excell 2000 SR-1)

You can NOT adjust the size directly in a combobox from the FORMS toolbar. Your only options are changing the sheet ZOOM and if necessary then, decreasing the fonts of everything else on the worksheet to keep relative size.

You can do almost everything with the combobox from the control toolbox (the only major exception is that the FORMS objects can be added to a chart sheet, the control toolbox can not) PLUS you have a lot more control.

What kind of "control" can't you add? are you talking about a macro? The control toolbox can add MULTIPLE macros based on a variety of different event triggers, where the FORMS only has the one. You handle it by editing the CODE for the object.

Steve

Lounger
    Thanks

Using the FORMS toolbar to create the combo box and then selecting Format Control, I have a Control tab where I can input the Input Range, Cell Link and Drop Down Lines.
    Using the Control Toolbox I do not have this option. I am not that proficient in VBA programming to write code for something like this. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thx

Thanks

You can use it without using code (similar to FORMS combobox)

Right click on the control toolbox combo box and select properties
    The Input Range is called "ListFillRange",
    the Cell Link is called "LinkedCell"
    and Drop Down Lines is "ListRows"

If you are used to how FORMS works, You might want to change the "BoundColumns" property to zero (0) to put the "RowIndex value" in the linked cell. If the (default) "1" is in the BoundColumn, it will put the value from the ListFillRange.

One other thing to be aware of this "RowIndex value" from the FORMS goes from 1 to "end". The control Toolbox goes from 0 to "end-1", so if you use this value with an "INDEX" you must add 1 to the value to get the value that INDEX expects.

Steve