New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Refuses to Open! (Office XP, SP-2)

outlook refuses to open -- i had a program freeze, and afterward outlook won't open, just hangs then i get "program not responding" message. when i close and restart the program, it asks if i want to open outlook in safe mode, and it just does the same thing.
    this happened last week and i ended up totally uninstalling office and reinstalling. any ideas why this could be happening? i have done all the virus checking, windows/office updating that i can think of ... i need help!

Thanks

Re: Outlook Refuses to Open! (Office XP, SP-2)

If you've reinstalled or repaired the executable files, then perhaps the data files have become corrupted in some serious way. There is a program named scanpst.exe (also known as the Inbox Repair Tool) which might help. Someone recently mentioned where it is, but I don't recall; you can search your computer and/or Office CD for it.

You also could try to create a new, blank inbox and then try to copy over the old information. To do this, rename your outlook.pst (or whatever yours is named; if you're not certain, check the Mail control panel) to outlook-old.pst and restart Outlook. It should, after some complaining, create a new file for you. You then can use File>Open>Outlook data file to add the old .pst file to your setup. If that works (it doesn't cause new crashes), you can drag and drop between the two PST files.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Refuses to Open! (Office XP, SP-2)

thanks! i ran scanpst.exe, it did some repairs, and all is well ...... i appreciate your help ~