New Lounger
    Thanks

Worksheet Event Order

I am having problems controlling the order of execution of two event procedures.

I have a Worksheet_SelectionChange procedure as well as a Worksheet_BeforeRightClick procedure. If the user Right-clicks in the worksheet I want to be able to stop the SelectionChange procedure.
    The problem is that Excel always runs the SelectionChange procedure (and any sub procedures it calls) in full before the Worksheet_BeforeRightClick procedure starts, thus giving me no opportunity to stop the SelectionChange proc. running.

Any suggestions?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Worksheet Event Order

It is quite normal that Excel first executes the selectionchange event before the beforerightclick event. Could it be that you need the worksheet_change event instead of the worksheet_selectionchange event? The last event only executes if something has changed in a particular cell. Another possibility might be to temporarily disable the events, using application.enableevents = false. Of course, when you want events to occur again, you'll have to switch on this using application.enableevents = true.

Hope this helps.