New Lounger
    Thanks

Time is incorrect in Outlook (2000) email?? (2000)

I'm running WinXp Home with Outlook 2000 - the time on my computer is accurate....however when I send a message from Outlook
    the time is showing as 1 hour earlier?! I'm thinking this has just happened as I never noticed before....but I guess it is possible that
    this has always happened and I am just noticing it!

I send a message to one of my email addresses - when I retrieve the message it show the time as 1 hour earlier...however in
    my Sent folder the time is correct??

I went into Control Panel (even though my computer time is right) and I again set the time....but it is still doing it??

Any ideas??

Thanks

Thanks

Re: Time is incorrect in Outlook (2000) email?? (2000)

The sender's mail cient adds a time offset (relative to the adjustment from UTC/GMT) to indicate how the local Sent time should be interpreted on the receiving end. If you use View>Options... and look at the Internet headers on the message you got back, you can determine what offset your computer is using. The Date line should appear under the Subject, for example:

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:13:33 -0700

In other words, "11:13:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time."

This odd method explains why, when you travel and change your computer's clock, all the times on your sent and received messages change. Very annoying.

Anyway, the offset at the end of the Date line should match the Time Zone tab in the date and time dialog, which shows the Standard Time offset, plus 0100 for Daylight Savings Time (so -0800+0100=-0700 for us in California). Please check there now (e.g., double-click the time display at the end of the Windows task bar). Does this help identify any issues?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Time is incorrect in Outlook (2000) email?? (2000)

OK....fixed! When I read your email I went back into the time info....although I had the correct time - and the correct zone - EST - I did NOT have the option checked "automatically adjust clock for daylight savings changes".
    Once I checked that box - my time jumped up 1 hour - I put in the correct time and sent myself an email - everything is OK !!

I guess this has been screwy since April - when we had daylight savings - and I just saw it!!

Thanks for your help!! [img]/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Ellie