Lounger
    Thanks

Recycle Bin not Recycling

Help, Help! Running Windows 98SE . Hey, I just realized that when I delete items to my Recycle Bin nothing's there when I check it later. Deletes are automatically disappearing! What's that all about and how could that happen? I have up to date Norton Antivirus, Norton Personal Firewall, and use SpyBot Search and Destroy. Could something have gotten inside my machine to fool with the settings? I do run several games and I know they commonly wreak havoc with systems could that be it? What's the best way to correct it. Should I just try reinstalling Windows 98SE on top of my current installation?

Thanks

Re: Recycle Bin not Recycling

Right_click your Recycle Bin > Properties...
    Has the setting to not use the RB been accidentally set?
    Are you running any Norton Utilities?

Lounger
    Thanks

I checked properties and it seems to be set properly. I wonder know if perhaps I have just been sending items too large for the bin to hold? It would remind me of that but I haven't seen it for awhile. I just deleted a small item and notice that it did show up this time but I'm sure I have sent small items before and not seen them. I did just increase the size of the bin. It was set at 10% and maybe that's too low?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

10% of a large drive should be more than enough; mine is set for 1%. On a 40 gig drive, you don't really want 4 gigs of deleted files, do you? Do you empty the receycle bin reguarly? If you are at your capacity, then even deleting a small file will cause another file to be "removed".