4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Add .pdf into a presentation (Acrobat 5.0, ppt xp)

I have a 8 pg word document that i made into a pdf. I want to insert the pdf into my powerpoint report but it will only let me insert a picture. Do i have to make the pdf's into pictures and them place them in ppt or will the pdf go directly into powerpoint? thank you for the help

Thanks

Re: Add .pdf into a presentation (Acrobat 5.0, ppt xp)

Do you want to launch it in Acrobat or have it display on slides? If it's the latter, you probably have to screen capture-and-paste the pages, or partial pages, bearing in mind the difficulty of reading small text.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Just an idea

I inserted a pdf as a object and then highlighted the object/set the Action Settings to run program on mouse click. I selected Adobe Acrobat and when I ran it as a PowerPoint Show I was able to view the embedded pdf. I could even resize the object on in slide show view.

Hope this helps

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

i don't want to launch acrobat. i took the pdf and saved as jpg's. i need a macro to add them to slide 47, 48 and 49 on 33 different .ppt's.

I have 3 jpgs that i need to add every quarter to slides 47, 48 and 49 of 33 different presentations. Can u start me out with some code to do this in a macro. I would like to run the macro from Excel because the first 30 slides are linked to excel graphs. I have macros already to open the ppt presentations and update the links but now i have to add these 3 jpgs to slides 47-49 of each of the presentation. Hope someone can help me with the code. thanks

Thanks

I'm not the best person to help with this. I've written macros to export PowerPoint slides as graphics, but not to insert content into a presentation...

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

ok, thank you. should i post this to the vba category also? is that allowed to post in 2 places?

Thanks

I think someone here in Powerpoint will be able to help, it's just a matter of time. And maybe starting a new thread if no one notices your revised question by tomorrow. (A moderator of this board - I'm only a Word moderator - can then lock this thread.)

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Hi jha,

Is there a reason that you can't insert the images as links? That would allow the presentations to update automatically every time the linked images change. Of course, you'd then have to distribute the images with the presentation, but this also means only distributing the new images if that's all that changes.

Cheers
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

hmmm, that is a good idea. the client wants a .pdf of each .ppt. The thing is that i have one .ppt that acts as the master and i make it into 33 different reports. each report (.ppt). has 8 pages that need their specific report's jpgs on them. I also have a macro that adds different text to each of the 33 reports so i was hoping to add code to add the jpgs to each report.

the reports are named c302, c303, c304 etc. I have a jpg folder and i've named the 8 files c3021.jpg, c3022.jpg, c3023.jpg ... c3028.jpg. Do you know how i access slide 47 at a specific x/y cordinate, say 1" in and 1" down and place the jpg at 33% at that point in vba code? I have to call the slide from excel. thank you for the help