Lounger
    Thanks

Reports - Replacing NCR Forms (2000)

I've been looking at 2 reports I have for hours trying to figure out how to do something, but my mind still remains totally blank.

Right now, the user has 2 reports that are printed on carbon forms (NCR paper) with a dot matrix printer. There are 3 pages to the NCR form, each page having a different color. At the bottom of the form is printed which color goes to which department or person. Example: white is for customer, pink is for salesman, and blue is for store.

The user is willing to get rid of the NCR forms if I can print who that report belongs to at the bottom of each page. For example, I would print 3 copies of a report, and at the bottom of the first page, it would say Customer Copy, at the bottom of the second page, it would say Salesman's Copy, and the third, Story Copy.

I have 2 reports. The first report has a Page Header (has info), ID Header (has info), Detail Section (has info), and Page Footer (no info).
    The second report has a Page Header (has info), ID Header (has info), Detail Section (no info), ID Footer (has info), and Page Footer (no info). If you need more info about these reports, please let me know.

I looked into exporting the report to Word and writing a macro, but it takes out all my graphics and lines. I would appreciate any help you can offer on this. Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Reports - Replacing NCR Forms (2000)

Put a text box in the Page Footer section with the following expression as Control Source:<pre>=Switch([Page]=1,"Customer Copy",[Page]=2,"Salesman's Copy",[Page]=3,"Store Copy")</pre>

The Page property of a report is the current page number; the Switch function lets you enumerate a series of options in a less cluttered way than nested IIf functions (but you could use those too).

Thanks

To get the Customer Copy, Salesman Copy, and Story Copy, try the following:

In the Page Footer of the report, insert a textbox with a nested IIF something similar to the following:
    =IIf([Page]=1,"Customer Copy",IIf([Page]=2,"Salesman Copy","StoryCopy"))

Thus Page 1 indicates Customer Copy, Page 2 indicates Salesman copy, and Page 3 and higher, Story Copy.

HTH
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

Lounger
    Thanks

I see how this works, but my report is one page long. Is there a way that I can have it automatically repeat itself so it's 3 pages long, and then the copy wording would appear at the bottom of the page?

Thanks!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

If the report is just a single page then you could just copy all of your controls twice more to make it a 3 page report and add a label at the bottom of each page to show where the page goes. You may need to add page breaks to make break correctly.

HTH

Peter