Star Lounger
    Thanks

Internet Synchronization (2000/SR-1)

I use two computers: a workstation for a specific client, and a laptop for my employing consulting company. My client has recently restricted the applications that can run on all of their workstations so that I can no longer synchronize my Palm m130 to Outlook. I am looking for a way to synchronize the workstation's Outlook calendar and contacts only to an Internet service. I could then synchronize the calendar and contacts from the Internet down to my laptop, and hence to my Palm. Has anyone tried to do this? Do you know of any services such as this?

Thanks,
    Caroline

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Internet Synchronization (2000/SR-1)

If it is your laptop, I wonder if this alternative would work. Install the Palm synchronization software on your laptop. Set up an offline file on your laptop to include Calendar and Contacts. Regularly synchronize your laptops' offline file, detach the laptop from the client network, and then Synchronize the Palm.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

It is my laptop, but the problem is that the laptop is not hooked up to the client network. One of my managers uses a product that allows him to sync his laptop's Outlook to the Internet as well as letting his wife sync the home computer to the same Outlook files on the Internet. This way they can both enter changes and be working from the same schedule, i.e., if she makes an appointment for him from home while he is at work, it shows up on his Outlook at work automatically. This is the type of functionality that I'd like to have. Unfortunately, the company through which he has this service no longer provides it to the public, so I am seeking an alternative.

Do you know any other sources where I could search for this type of service?

Thanks,
    Caroline

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm not familiar with these services, so perhaps other Loungers can provide some suggestions. I notice that Yahoo appears to offer a PDA sync service.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You could use net folders, so long as you stick with OL2K. It can be buggy. It also was removed from OLXP.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unfortunately, I'm not certain what you mean by net folders, OL2K, and OLXP. Could you provide some more explanation?

Thanks,
    Caroline

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry. I meant that Outlook 2000 is the last version to use the Net folders feature. It is a way of sharing the contents of a folder between two or more people. There is a pretty good description of this in Outlook Help. Search for Net Folder and select the About Net Folders item as a starting point.