Star Lounger
    Thanks

emailing thru Outlook Express (Access 2002)

I have a macro using RunApp which enables me to email a previously zipped file. This uses C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice10Outlook.exe /c ipm.note /a "C:My DocumentsWorship databaseInd Weekly Schedule.zip"

Does Outlook Express also have command line parameters such as this, or is there another way to do this.

Regards
    John

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: emailing thru Outlook Express (Access 2002)

If you are already using Outlook, why would you want to use Outlook Express?

In any event, the Outlook Express executable is MSIMN.EXE, and it is probably found in C:Program FilesOutlook Express - once you start it you can use help to determine what command line options exist by searching for command line.
    Wendell

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Wendell
    I have already searched through all the help files and the knowledge base, to no avail. No response at all to command line or command line parameters. I'm beginning to think they don't exist!
    I agree with your comments re using Outlook Express, but a number of the people who want to use my software only have Outlook Express, so not an option. And because they are not confident users, I want to make zipping and sending a file as simple as a one button click.

John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

As far as I know, Outlook Express does not have a command line switch to specify an attachment.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

If you are running an Access application, the users should presumably have Office installed, in which case Outlook should be available to you. Unfortunately, Outlook Express doesn't have an exposed object model, so you can use Automation to do things with it either. I'm afraid I can't offer any other suggestions that unsing Outlook.
    Wendell