Penfold

Formulae in Word

In Excel I can repeat text from one cell into another, i.e. in cell A1 I can enter 'Name'. In another cell I can enter the formula '=A1' to repeat the text 'Name'. Can I do the same in word, presumably in tables, but can it be from a separate table within the same document or even another document?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Formulae in Word

Many ways to do it; one easy way is to bookmark the text and insert the REF field wherever you want the contents of the bookmark repeated.

Penfold

Rajesh,
    Thanks for the reply. I am something of a novice in Word. Your method was successful, however it doesn't appear to allow the information to be altered and updated in the resultant cell as it would in excel.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Try the following :
    Press Ctrl-A and right click. Select the option to Update Fields, and all your fields should be updated.

Andrew C

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Andrew, for promptly answering.

There is also some other thread in this forum which deals with simultaneous updation of source and target fields containing formulae. If someone could link to this thread, it would be a good value additon. I have yet to figure out how to use the search feature on this board.