New Lounger
    Thanks

Picture resizing (PPT-XP)

I'm inserting pictures into slides and having to resize each picture manually. Is there a feature whereby I can have the picture fill the entire slide area?

Also, is there a way to insert a series of pictures into slides with the same background?

TIA for your help.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Picture resizing (PPT-XP)

In the Insert menu, point at Picture and then click New Photo Album. That will allow you to choose many pictures at once and have them inserted to fit the slide.

To synchronize backgrounds, switch to the master view (View menu) and then choose the background you want. All slides will then have the same background.

LennyJo

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi LennyJo,
    Thanks so much for your reply. I've been doing what you suggested and it's a wonderful help, so much faster than inserting each slide individually. What I do is transfer them from the New Photo Album to the Office Clipboard and then insert them into my ongoing slide show. Is there another shortcut I'm missing? I'd already figured out how to choose the background, so that part was OK. The best part is the pictures fill the slides and I don't have to resize each one as I was doing.
    Peace and joy,
    Vincenzina

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Vincenzina, I don't see a reason to copy them to the clipboard first. With both the final presentation and the new photo album presentation open, change both to Slide Sorter view (View menu). Then click Arrange in the Window menu. That will split the screen with both files. From there you can easily click and drag slides from one file to the other. (In version 2002 it will copy the slides, not cut them.)

When selecting the slides you want to drag, click a slide and then use CTRL+A to select the whole lot. Otherwise, use CTRL+click to select them individually.

That should be much easier than the normal copy and paste.

LennyJo

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi LennyJo,
    Thanks - I did what you suggested and that was a LOT easier! I'm now ready to burn a CD and have another question:
    When I burn the PPT to a CD, how do I get it to auto-start and auto-run? I will be playing it through my digital camera (Sony) connected to a TV monitor that is without PC peripheral input devices.
    Vincenzina

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Your video camera plays CD's?

I'm not familiar with your camera, but obviously it will not play a PowerPoint presentation. You need a computer and the PowerPoint software for that. So, the presentation has to be first converted to something that will play on your camera before you even bother with worring about burning it on to CD . So, the question is, what will your camera play? MPEG? AVI? What?

LennyJo

Thanks

As a footnote to LennyJo's comments, bear in mind that a TV has a very low "resolution" compared with a computer monitor, something like 320x240, I think, 'though it's been a really long time since I've checked. This may adversely affect the appearance of your slides.