New Lounger
    Thanks

Available Disk Space Too Low!

I can't get Photodraw to run. It complains about not enough disk space available,

I just installed PhotoDraw V.2 on a Win98 SE Computer.
    The hard disk is partitioned as C (Windows); D (Programs - 2 gb); E (Swap File - 256 mb); F (Data - 4 gb)

PhotoDraw is installed on the D-drive.

When I try to run it, it says:
    "Your available disk space is too low. Photodraw cannot continue. Photodraw needs 30 megabytes of space available on your 'E:' disk drive. Please close other programs, delete files and/or empty the Recycle Bin."

"Have you freed disk space?" <Yes> <No>

My question: Who told Photodraw to use the E drive? I did not. How can I tell it to use either the D or F drive (where there is plenty of space)?

I've hunted around in the registry, looked for ini files, readme files, and the Microsoft kb without any indication on how I can change that.

Anyone know? Thanks so much in helping to alleviate another software frustration.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Available Disk Space Too Low!

is the swap using all 256 megs on e?

have you emptied the temp folder on c? it will cause problems if it has a lot of files in it and photodraw normally uses the windows temp for it's working space.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I tried your suggestion and deleted everything in the C:TEMP folder, and the C:WINDOWSTEMP folders.
    The C Drive has 1.62GB free now.

Still, PhotoDraw complains about needing the E-drive.

The Swap file uses all of that drive (256MB).

I'm perplexed.

ileacy

Hi Mark:

I did some testing with PhotoDraw 2000 v1 and System Internals <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/handleex.shtml>HandleEx</A>. The only files that were opened appeared to be in the TEMP directory. No settings that I could see that pointed to the SWAP drive.

You could try reducing the minimum size of the swap file, and then, starting PhotoDraw. If this works then double check the settings for your TEMP file