Results 1 to 2 of 2
2003-07-02, 15:43 #1
- Join Date
- May 2001
- Berkeley, California, USA
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Explorer Home page taken over by 'Searchhere.com' (IE 6)
On two occasions recently something has changed my home page setting on my browser. In one case it was changed to a porn site. In another it was changed to a new search engine.
When I went into Tools/Internet Options/General/Home Page and the setting had been changed to "www.Searchhere.com". I reset the Home Page and it reverted to Searchhere.com.
Now my browser's home page has been usurped by "Searchhere.com". I did a search for this text and found it in my USER.DAT file in a statement that refers to "myhomepage"
1. How can I fix this?
2. How can I edit the USER.DAT? I tried to change it in "Notepad" but it would not let me save.
3. How can I prevent this and how can I clear the existing virus? If it is a virus. I have recently updated Norton Antivirus and Zone Alarm. Neither prevented this.
4. This new Home page for "Searchhere.com" indicates no way of contacting them to express my anger. Is there a way to figure out who they are and to contact them?
5. Is there any legal authority I can notify?
6. Is there a web site where I can publicize this unconscionable behavior?
<img src=/S/aflame.gif border=0 alt=aflame width=16 height=16>
2003-07-02, 15:59 #2