3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

File Revert (Word XP)

Word VBA is causing me to lose my mind.
    In Word 97, I had a piece of code (just a utility, really) that would allow me to close the current file without saving and open the last SAVED version of it. In effect, it was a sigle-click "File | Revert" command.
    What I'm finding in Word XP now is that the arguments that allowed me to tell Word to close without saving are simply ignored, even though they're documented in the VBA help. Specifically, none of the following three commands prevent Word from asking if I want to save changes. (If I wanted to be asked, I wouldn't have written the code!!)
    ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.Close SaveChanges:=wdDoNotSaveChanges
    ActiveDocument.Close SaveChanges:=wdDoNotSaveChanges
    Documents.Open FileName:=filename, Revert:=True
    As a side-note, Word doesn't even seem to recongnize the "openandrepair:=True" argument in my subsequent "Documents.Open..." command.
    My brain hurts!
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">That's what you do in a herd; you look out for each other!</font face=comic> - Mike

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: File Revert (Word XP)

It must be something in your installation, for

ActiveDocument.Close SaveChanges:=wdDoNotSaveChanges

and

Documents.Open FileName:=ActiveDocument.Name, Revert:=True

both work as expected for me. Perhaps you have other macros interfering (perhaps in a Word add-in). I recommend you to take a look at Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post>.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: File Revert (Word XP)

Excellent. Thanks. It turned out to be a renegade Normal template.
    I saved Phil Rabichow's guideline some time ago, in the event that I might need it someday. And I guess today was that day. Thanks for your help.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">That's what you do in a herd; you look out for each other!</font face=comic> - Mike