Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Today (2002 XP)

Hello,

Two questions for the group:
    1. Is there a way to add groups to the Outlook Today view? I've got Calendar, and Messages, and Tasks, but I'd like to add additional groups or customize what's there.

2. I operate two calendar folders. When I choose to view the additional Calendar folder, Outlook Today places it under my Messages group, as though it was an email folder. I'd like to have it show up under the Calendar group. Is there a way to make this happen?

Thanks

Re: Outlook Today (2002 XP)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Today (2000, Customizing....)

Hmmm. From glancing at that link, my current problem may or may not be related. I'm running Outlook 2000 SP3, and have abruptly discovered that my "Customizing Outlook Today...." button no longer works. Both mouse-clicking and the Alt-U keyboard shortcut will make the button appear to depress, but it doesn't actually *do* anything. No other functionality appears to be impaired.

I do have two plugins installed -- the Slovak "Attachment Options" utility Woody recommends, and a "SpamSource" add-in recommended by the purveyors at http://www.spamcop.net . The former has been there for some time, and I'm fairly sure I've used the Customize Outlook Today button since installing it. The latter is very recent, but I can't figure why it would've affected this feature.

I've checked the Office Update site, which says I'm fully up to date on patches and such, and run the "Detect and Repair" utility to no avail.

So: does anyone have any idea how I turned off the customizer, and/or how to turn it back on?
    "What's loved, survives." (Diane Duane, Deep Wizardry)

Thanks

Different issue:
    <hr>Subject: Re: Can't customise outlook today (2000) [#253445]
    Poster: jscher2000
    Posted on: 13-May-03 20:39

This article says it was "Last Reviewed May 12, 2003." Whether it was first posted on that date, I don't know, but it appears to be dead on:

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 820575 - OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer<hr>
    Hope this helps

New Lounger
    Thanks

Oh, joy. "We broke the software, and you have to hack the Registry to fix it...."

Thanks, though; that does look like a dead-on answer.
    "What's loved, survives." (Diane Duane, Deep Wizardry)