Lounger
    Thanks

Powerpoint & dual monitors (OfficeXP)

Hello, I am trying to find information on Powerpoint and dual monitors. Does powerpoint have the capability to use dual monitors in the following scenario:

Director's monitor will display mulitple slides of the presentation on screen.
    Display monitor will display full screen version of a single slide that is selected/highlighted on director's screen. Enabling director to jump around the slide presentation as needed, following the presentor's ques and guidance, without the target audience being aware. This should also allow the use of video/audio clips imbeded into a slide.

I do not currently have dual monitors and want to purchase the most apppropriate software for the task. I have found a different presentation program that looks promising and has these features, but I would like to have the full functionallity of Microsoft Office Suite. Please reply if you have the information I need.

Thanks!

Thanks

Re: Powerpoint & dual monitors (OfficeXP)

There is a feature in PowerPoint 2002 called "Presenter View" that is supposed to do this, but I haven't had the pleasure of trying it myself and the online help is a bit sketchy on it. See the attached PDF of one of the help screens for reference.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I run dual monitors (Matrox G450 DualHead card), and when I go into Slide Show mode, the slide being viewed is automatically placed on the second monitor. Actually, you can configure the monitor the slide show appears on in Slide Show / Setup Show. Unfortunately, you can't click or double click on a slide and have the show change to that slide - it actually stops the show, and if you double click it goes to the edit mode for that slide. You can however see about 40 slide thumbnails on monitor 1, and each has a number. You can simply enter that number on the keyboard and press enter to jump to that slide. Is that close enough to what you are looking for?
    Wendell

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the information...A relative of mine just purchased a new system and obtained dual 19inch monitors and I was able to look at powerpoint in action. As you said...it wouldn't let me jump from one slide to the other by clicking on it. When I can get over there again I will try the typing in of the slide number and see if that will work. I will also try the "Presenter View" and see if that will allow the "Click" ability to changing slides.

Again...thanks for your suggestions, they are very helpful.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The capability you are looking for is one I also desire and would seem simple to implement for PPT. Unfortunately, I have seen no indication that MS cares. There is an entire field of "Worship Presentation" software that provides that capability. Most of which costs at least as much as PPT and adds so much other stuff that simple becomes complex again. But, if you are interested, you could look for Worship Plus, Sunday Plus, Easy Worship, etc.

Lounger
    Thanks

Paul,

Thanks for the information. I have done several searches on the internet and have found numerous presentation add-ons for worship services and they do look promising. Since we already own MS Office I was trying to see if we could to this on the cheap. Many of the presentation programs either say that they meld with PowerPoint or are able to import PowerPoint presentations for use. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I will try to get over to my Uncle's house and see what the "Presentation View" does for me. I'll let this forum know what I can find out.

Thanks

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

My experience with the Worship software is that they use Powerpoint Viewer to show any powerpoint slides. Seamless but has the limitations of the viewer program on what animations are supported, etc. Also, potential for crash goes up when invoking PPT. So most of them consider the ability to use PPT slides a concession to legacy material, rather than the main idea.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well, I finally found a solution that works great for me in the dual screen show issue. It is an add-in by Chirag Dalal. You can find the story of it (in my typically overblown manner) at http://thewright.info/Sundaystar/sun...romo2-web.html