3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Default action for JPG (XP Home)

Hi

If I right-click on a file with an extension of "JPG", the top four items are:
    <hr>Preview (in bold)
    Open
    Print
    Edit<hr>
    I decided to make Edit the default, so went into Windows Explorer, Tools, FolderOptions, FileTypes, selected "JPG", and clicked "Advance".

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Default action for JPG (XP Home)

Boy, I hope we don't have a Home v. Pro difference here. Since you say you want to make EDIT the default, I think you'd have a far easier time if you right-click a JPG file and select Open With. When that menu responds, there should be a selection called Choose Program. Pick it, then browse to whichever program you choose to use as your graphics editor. My attachment shows that I use Paint Shop Pro. If you check the box that says "ALWAYS USE......." then from that point onward, double-clicking a JPG should open the "editor" of your selection. Post back if need be.

Thanks

Re: Default action for JPG (XP Home)

And does Edit open it in MS Paint? Me too.

There are ways to make things appear on the right-click menu using Shell Extensions. Not sure where to look in the Registry for this, and no time to search for it at the moment, but that's what I suspect is happening.