3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't find reference

We have a new Exchange 2000 server and we are trying to route all unresolved email addresses to one 'sink' mailbox, so that if a message comes in to xxx@domain.com, and there is nowhere for xxx to go, the mail does not get lost but is passed to a named mailbox. I am trying to follow the instructions in Knowledge Base article 315631 - How to Forward Mail With Unresolved Recipients to a Single Mailbox.

Chugging through the VB in the article is fine, even for an Access programmer like myslef, but I cannot find the required 'Server Extension Objects COM Library' in my list of references and, as expected, the program will not compile. I am also not having any luck tracking it down on Google or Microsoft.com.

Does anybody know how I go about loading a reference to this library on my programming workstation? Or does anybody know of a different way of acheiving the same result than that offered by the knowledge base article? Can you do late binding with Active X DLLs?

Ian

Thanks

Re: Can't find reference

This mail server doesn't have the option to send misaddressed mail to postmaster??!!

The DLL file, which apparently contains its own type library, is SEO.DLL (per this article). You could work backwards toward the name by searching for that DLL in the registry (root section), or if you find it on disk, maybe it's just as easy to add the reference that way.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Your initialquestion (This mail server doesn't have the option to send misaddressed mail to postmaster??!!) makes me think I have missed something. Are you just being rude about Microsoft or is there an easier way?

Ian

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Found the DLL. Thanks.