Lounger
    Thanks

Customized toolbar (Access2000)

I believed the Access user setup was saved in "Documents and Settings<user>Application DataMicrosotOfficeAccess.pip". So, if I delete this file, I expected my setup would go back to the default. I customized my Toolbar, but even after I delete Access.pip, the customized Toolbar show up. Where is the data for the customized toolbar stored?

I need to transfer someone's customized toolbar to someone else's. Copying the Access.pip didn't do the job. How can I do that?

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Customized toolbar (Access2000)

A custom toolbar (created by Tools | Customize..., Toolbars tab, New... button) is stored in the active database and is only available in that database, but it can be imported into another database (click Options in the Import dialog)

Information about these custom toolbars and about customization of built-in toolbars is stored in the Registry, in the key HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice9.0AccessS ettingsCommandBars. You can export this key using RegEdit, edit out the custom toolbars, transfer the .reg file to another computer and open it there - (double) click it in Windows Explorer.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Customized toolbar (Access2000)

Thank you very much, Hans. That did it.