Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access crashes (2000/SP-3)

I just installed the Jet Service Pack 7 for Windows XP and guess what? I can no longer use Data Access Pages.

Any time I try to create a new page or attempt to open an existing page, Access crashes after providing me the opportunity to send an error report. How fun!

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is there a way around it? Is there a way to unistall Jet SP7?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access crashes (2000/SP-3)

Does it do this on all databases or only on one? I personally find that offer to send the error to Microsoft one of the most annoying things about OXP, but I have found it usually crops up when there is either a serious coding problem in a database, a bad reference, or some oddball corruption has crept in. Can you get into the code editor (Alt+F11) and compile the code?

To my knowledge there is no way to uninstall a Jet service pack, but Windows XP does allow you to snapshot the installation and go back to an earlier point. I'm not on a WinXP machine at the moment so I can't be more specific on that, but perhaps someone else can provide the details.
    Charlotte

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Go back is in Start | Help and Support, Repair System.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

It happens in all databases, even a blank one. I have since uninstalled Office 2000, removed all Jet files (I found a list of files on the MSKB website), and reinstalled Office 2000. It all works fine now but I did not reinstall Jet 4.0 SP 7.

I would like to submit something to Microsoft concerning the problem but can find no way (other than the error report generated by the Jet/XP incompatibility) to send MS anything. Any suggestions?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I tried this, but it would not remove the newer Jet files. I ended up uninstalling Office, removing the Jet files, then reinstalling Office. Works fine now.