3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Edit HTML in email and resend (2000)

Can I edit the HTML in an email and resend the email? I have been asked to add a hotspot to a picture in an email so that recipients can unsubscribe from a mailing list. The email is basically a number of images held in place by an HTML table. I can view source and edit the source in Notepad but when I save it the changes disappear. The pictures are embeded in the email.

Ian

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Edit HTML in email and resend (2000)

You may need to edit the source in Word or in an HTML editor. Try setting your Editor as Word and see if that works. If not use an HTML editor.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Send Page as Email problem

Thanks for your tip but I found a reference on the Web that says that you can't actually do this with Outlook 2000 anyway. However, I now have a follow up question. I have created the page that I want to send as an email in an HTML editor. To send as an HTML email with embeded images I thought I would open the file I created in IE and use File | Send | Page by Email. Unfortunately this opened an Outlook email with my HTML document as an attachment, not as the body of the email. Pretty much every other time I have tried this the Web page became the body of the email. What made it decide to send as an attachment for this document?

Ian

Thanks

I can't tell you why (uh-oh, High School song memories), but I can suggest that you make your HTML page "stationery" for your Outlook message as a way to make it the message body.