Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printer Problem Lexmark AllinOne (xp pro)

Hello All,
    I am having a problem with my Printer, If iam connected to the Internet and try to print something my printing software comes up with Not Responding,if I disconnect
    the Printer starts to work, My printer/Scanner is a Lexmark X73 all in one on a USB port at the moment USb7(Which I think is a Virtual Port) I connect to the Internet with ISDN also on a USB port. Do you think there is a conflict, if so how do I resolve it.
    My Computor has 4 Usb ports 1 printer 2Usb Modem 3 Mouse 4 Digital Camera. I have all the up to date drivers for printer and modem.
    If I uninstall the Printer/Scanner and all the software then reinstall Windows allocates it to another USB port, if i did this again today it would probably allocate it to USB8 I am not on a Network only one computor Anyone any Ideas

Banned Member
    Thanks

Re: Printer Problem Lexmark AllinOne (xp pro)

Do you have this Driver? Version 1.0.17.2

Also if you need to uninstall and reinstall you will need to read this. It is Important. Here

Here are some Knowledge Base Articles From Lexmark. Lexmark

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Cowboydawg,
    Thanks for reply, got the right drivers done as it says in instructions re install, checked usb controllers mine are not listed on the intel site, my controllers are
    8280/BA/BAM USB 2442 and 8280/BA/BAM USB 2442 . Any other ideas. Dont have a Harley but have Horses Welsh Cobs, had to cancel our riding holiday in Wyoming near Cody due to illness

Banned Member
    Thanks

Well since your Printer is printing everything except Webb Pages we can pretty much rule out a problem with USB Controllers I would think. So I guess it's back to the drawing board.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

cowboydawg,
    It will print web pages .When i am on line say i wanted to print your reply when i press print the document spools to the printer and the printers folder shows the document is ready to print but the printer wont activate, I get a message that the printer software is not responding all i have to do is is come off line and the printer automatically starts to print Strange! After further check if i try to print any document which is on my computer whilst on line the same thing happens

Banned Member
    Thanks

Yes that is very stange. I'm trying to figure out what is changing to cause it not to Print on line. Are you using Dialup or DSL?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am using dial up ISDN Usb Modem From British Telecom system Called Home Highway, i have checked with BT , Motherboard manufacturer, Intel all drivers up to date . they all seem of the opinion thats its a usb conflict but offer no advice as to how to cure it. I have emailed Lexmark and awaiting their reply.
    attached zip to give you an idea of what BTHome Highway is. very strange this, until i get some advice as to how to cure it i will have to put up with problem