Star Lounger
    Thanks

Calendar functions - any brilliant ideas? (Access 97/SR ?)

I'm creating a volunteer database for my local hospital, and the database needs to record volunteer availability. Though v computer literate I'm fairly new to Access, so can't try anything too fancy (although I will have some fairly competent help in a couple of weeks time).

For each volunteer I'd like to be able to have a layout of a week i.e. Days ACROSS & 1/2 hour slots DOWN. I'd like to be able to enter Times available by holding the mouse down, and dragging over the 'available times', with that action toggling "Y/N" in 1/2 hour timeslots in an 'availability table' for that volunteer. Can I achieve this using "On Got Focus" or similar? I'd like to be able to select time slots in much the same way as you can when you are selecting a timeslot in Outlook, for example, by clicking, holding, and moving the mouse.

Is this a reasonable thing to do? Any other brilliant ideas please? I've searched the net and it seems that there are some calendar controls but I'm left puzzled by them!

Many thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calendar functions - any brilliant ideas? (Access 97/SR ?)

Although such things are possible in Access, why don't you keep track of availability in Outlook (or else perhaps in Microsoft Project)? Developing a form such as you describe is a fairly complicated task, and the result will most probably be less smooth than Outlook.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calendar functions - any brilliant ideas? (Access 97/SR ?)

Unfortunately the hospital doesn't have Outlook, just Outlook Express; also there are 10's of volunteers to keep track of.