New Lounger
    Thanks

Word MenuBar & ToolBars don't accept clicks (Word 2K, 9.0.6926 SP3)

I've been receiving *very* sporadic reports of users losing the ability to click on the Word menubar and toolbars. When this occurs, users can still type and can use the mouse to select text and click scroll bars. Menus are accessible via accelerator keys. Users simply close Word, restart and the problem is gone.

Unfortunately, no one can supply me with steps to replicate the problem or can get in touch with me to even see the result.

This issue appeared after a conversion to iManage (DeskSite 6.5 SP1, MailSite 4.5 SP1), Outlook and WorkShare's DeltaView 2.81. Also, OS was update to Win2K SP3 and Office was update to SP3. Heavy Word automation exists in the environment as well.

I've found references to the problem in various forums but no real solution. I'm guessing the hard iManage COM integration is the source (they assert themselves in the menubar and many other toolbar/function access areas) but this is merely a guess since the problem can't be replicated. iManage has no notation of the problem with their support group.

Thank you for any insight or direction.

Thanks

Re: Word MenuBar & ToolBars don't accept clicks (Word 2K, 9.0.6926 SP3)

Maybe someone who encounters the problem a lot, is frustrated and reasonably cooperative, would let you install a keystroke logging and/or mouse-interaction logging application on his or her computer to try to see what leads up to the problem.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word MenuBar & ToolBars don't accept clicks (Word 2K, 9.0.6926 SP3)

Just updating with the cause to this problem.

The problem appears to be from an updated .dll from the iManage DMS. The problem is very sporadic but we were able to isolate it to the version of the iMan02K.dll.
    The vendor has been presented with information outlining the problem.