New Lounger
    Thanks

Password Logon (Windows XP SR1)

Norton AntiVirus told me that I can't run the automatic Live Update in Windows XP unless I have a password in Windows Task Scheduler, which Norton uses, and a logon password. I created these passwords and my Live Update has come alive OK. My problem now is that when I logon or reboot I get a Logon Failed window over the window where I'm to enter my password before I've even tried to enter a password. This window says that I've typed my password incorrectly & make sure my user name and domain are correct. It also gives me an option to use a password reset disk which whether I use it or just click the OK has the same effect - the logon failed window goes away and it allows me to logon with the orignal password. One other thing I did was to create a workgroup which I can't get rid of; could this be causing the problem of the Failed Window? I'm the only one using this computer.
    I would like to get rid of the annoying Logon Failed Window & possible the workgroup (if I don't need it). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Jim

Banned Member
    Thanks

Re: Password Logon (Windows XP SR1)

Are you Logging in as Administrator?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yes I'm logged in as administrator. I'm the only one on this computer and the only other user is Guest and that's Off.

Banned Member
    Thanks

So when you log in you type " administrator" for user name, and then your Password?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry I misunderstood you. No, I don't type anything. When I boot up the welcome screen comes up with my user name (Tiger Cat's Lair) already on the screen, But it doesn't give me a chance to type in a password, the Failed Logon Window is on top of where I would enter my password. My user is on the screen already.

Banned Member
    Thanks

Well then I don't think your using the Administrator Account. You are using the Account you created with Admin Rights, which isn't the same thing. Unless you have changed it, you have to type in "administrator" for the User Name and then the Password you created when you loaded WinXP. At the the welcome Screen you hit, Ctrl+Alt+Delete once or twice and it will bring up the Administrator Option Screen Logon.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for your help. I'm sorry, but I must run; I'll pick up tomorrow if you are still around. You are probably right that I'm using an Account with admin rights. In the user account screen it says: Tiger Cat's Lair - Computer administrator - Password protected. I'm sorry to say but I don't understand what you mean by what I changed and typing in "administrator" Thanks again - really have to run, maybe catch you a little later.