New Lounger
    Thanks

WORD PUBLISH-TEXT CUT OFF (XP)

Hi, I have a report that I publish in Word to look like a catalog of my information but when I do (hit the little W at OFFICE LINKS at the top), some of my text from a memo field is cut off of the end. I have resized field in table, resized the margins of the report and played with the size of the memo cell. Although that helps one field, it usually cuts off another one. THe memo field in question is CAN SHRINK/CAN GROW. Word saves its publishes from Access in .rtf so maybe that has something to do. Spark anything in anyone?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: WORD PUBLISH-TEXT CUT OFF (XP)

Not much you can do, I'm afraid. The export to .rtf has been flawed in every version of Access, and apparently it is not important enough to repair. For some reason unknown to me, text takes up more space in Word than Access thinks; since CanShrink makes Access try to fit the text into as small a text box as possible, this leads to problems when you export to .rtf.
    Alternatives are export to a snapshot (.snp), which can be viewed by people that don't have Access using the free snapshot viewer, and export to .pdf, for which you need a PDF converter.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: WORD PUBLISH-TEXT CUT OFF (XP)

A couple of other approaches you could try:
    <UL><LI>Run a merge in Word using Access as the data source. This has the advantage of doing all the formatting in Word so you don't end up being stuck with using RTF documents. It is fairly ugly however if you want to do columar layouts, have been using subreports in Access, or the like.
    <LI>Use Word through Automation from Access - that gives you total control over what the Word document is going to look like, but it can be pretty tedious. Note that it is generally much faster than a Word merge.[/list]Hope one of these gives you an alternative.
    Wendell