New Lounger
    Thanks

Mailing List Digest Received as 30 attachments

I subscribed to a mailing list as a Digest and receive one message with 30+ attachments. It's impossible to read because I lose my place!

Is there anyway I can select all the attachments and copy them to a text file? (They're all txt messages.)

My only other option is to receive these messages as separate emails and that's not acceptable either.

I swear I read somewhere that there is a solution to this.

Thanks,

Diana

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mailing List Digest Received as 30 attachments

you can drag and drop the messages into a mail folder.

you can try selecting all and choosing file > save as, but i think they need to be messages, not attachments.

if you want one long message... you are using the mime digest or need the mime digest, i forget which. check your subscription settings and if you have a choice in digest types, change it.

Thanks

Are the attachments plain text? You (or a volunteer) could write a VBA program to extract the contents of each one and dump them into one text file. Does this happen often enough to justify the programming time?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Mary:

Thanks! What I ended up doing was to open the message normally and the selected all the msg icons in the bottom pane and then copied them into a separate folder. They actually came in as separate messages.

Now I can just select them all, sort them by the header, which will create a kind of 'thread' and then Save As a text file. Only takes a couple of minutes and sure is easier than trying to open each separate attachment!

It worked!! Thanks!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, the attachments are all text files. I get several 'Digests' this way but usually they only have a few messages and it's easier to read the separate attachments. I think what I tried will probably work OK.

I feel it's the way Outlook is interpreting the format of the messages rather than the way they're being sent because I seem to get some Digests just fine.

Thanks for your suggestions!