Lounger
    Thanks

MS Project Viewer? (Office XP)

Is there any such thing as a Project viewer application? Many of us here where I work have need to look at Project files, but not to modify them. Currently, we do not have Project installed (except for the project leaders, of course). This means that every time the Project schedule changes, our project leader has to print out new copies for all of us. It would be so much easier if we could just read the Project files ourselves.

Thanks,

Thanks

Re: MS Project Viewer? (Office XP)

There are no project viewer applications out there that I am aware of, at least not in the sense that I think you are asking. There are other softare applications such as Kidasa that can produce gantts from project data but that may not be what you need.

Which version of MS Project are you using? If you are using Project Central, this should not be an issue. Some options,

- After each change, publish the gantt as an HTML file that people can review.
    - Have your supervisor use projects email capabilities to send schedule data to you.
    - Have the supervisor export the gantt data in Excel format for distribution (Use an export map)

Sorry if this is not much help.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Try Adobe Acrobat 6.0 to create a pdf. It's a close as I can get to a viewer.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

A simple solution I found was the select all the tasks, begin, end dates, etc. and then copy and paste to an Excel document. I agree that it would be nice to allow others to view the Gantt chart in it's various forms. Publishing to a Microsoft Project Server is not an option for me. A viewer would indeed be nice. I will be watching to see if anyone comes up with a solution.

Lounger
    Thanks

These last two suggestions would be helpful, IF I was the one who did have access to the Project files. Unfortunately, it's my supervisor, and I doubt that I would be able to convince her to go to that extra effort. She occasionally prints out our individual tasks for us, and she thinks that's good enough. I would be nice to be able to at least see the Project plan whenever I want/need to.

Thanks,